Tips & Tricks for Apple Picking
You can slice ’em … you can sauce ’em … you can bake ’em … you can pie ’em — but here’s what you need to know about picking ’em!
- Wear a hat or bandana, plus sunscreen and bug spray. Bugs like apples, too, so beware of insect bites and stings.
- Wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty. Flip-flops are a bad idea!
- Dress comfortably and wear clothes that are okay to get a little dirty.
- Bring your camera and a bag or backpack. You’ll want to capture all the fun memories!
- Be kind to the fruit and fair to the farmer.
- Wet wipes are your friend.
- If it has rained recently, the ground may still be wet. Tread carefully and watch your step!
- U-pick experiences involve a tractor ride, so be prepared for some fun (and a big step up into the wagon).
- U-pick typically runs on weekends only. Call ahead or check online to find out what’s available in the orchard — and the market!